Biocode Collective helps companies to communicate about their climate work
Transparent and reliable communication about sustainability is an increasingly important competition factor in the market. Biocode Collective help companies to communicate clearly about their goals in carbon neutrality, planned measures and achieved climate goals.
Biocode Collective is a community for sustainability forerunners that supports its members to calculate and reduce their climate impact.
The community supports members in improving their climate impact, and every member of the collective gets a public member profile that supports climate communication.
– Every member of the Biocode Collective sets two fundamental goals for themselves: when the company is carbon neutral and when the whole supply chain is carbon neutral. With the help of our service, members can tell their customers and other stakeholders clearly about their goals and progress towards them, says Biocode’s CEO Ernesto Hartikainen.
– We have focused especially on making the service as clear and simple to use as possible, so it is easy to communicate about climate work to stakeholders in an understandable way, says Hartikainen.
Service for both Finnish and global food companies
In addition to Finnish food companies, multilingual Biocode Collective aims to reach international markets as well.
– Nordic and Finnish food products are globally interesting. Being carbon neutral is one great way to differentiate in international markets. Our service is open for all international businesses no matter the location.
Hartikainen points out that reliability and independency are attributes often associated with being Nordic.
– One of our newest members is Finnish-Taiwanese Maruili Bakery that offers Finnish way of life and healthy, Finnish products to Taiwanese residents. By being a member in the Biocode Collective, Maruili can communicate consistently about their climate work and responsible production to their stakeholders, says Hartikainen.
Primary Producers in Biocode Collective
Biocode Collective is developed further continuously. Primary producers are also a part of the collective.
– Primary production has a significant role in achieving carbon neutrality. Even though questions around the soil are complex, the Finnish primary producers have strong motivation to develop their operations and to be a part of solving the challenges in food production.
– We believe that the best primary producers regarding climate friendly farming are found in Finland. We want to bring their expertise and role visible to the whole world, Hartikainen emphasises.
Meet Biocode Collective members and read about their climate goals here.